Sunday, August 23, 2009

Art Collage Techniques

Paper Quilting Technique
Mixed Media Collage



I am excited to share a new (for me) technique, which I love. It is kind of like a quilted paper collage. I've always wanted to try "quilting" and thought I'd start with something I felt comfortable with~paper and mixed media. I love the sense of freedom that mixed media collages give when I create compared to my acrylic painting where I feel it isn't so free-more structured.


Here are a couple of pieces that I created using this technique. I started with the paper quilted background and used neutral acrylic paint over top. I then added ink to create an aged look and added the cardstock image, again aging with ink and paint. I added stamping in some areas as well and sayings to add to the piece. Keep an eye out for future blog entries where I will show you step by step how to create using this technique!

No comments: